List: 7 Top Paint Companies in India – Manufacturers and suppliers
We have listed the top 7 paint companies in India that have been successful in establishing themselves because people know their brand name and trust the quality and service of the paint companies. Paint is the composition of any pigmented liquid on a substrate in a thin layer to form a solid film. So It provides a beautiful texture to the objects. it is available in many varieties of colors. It can be produced or can also be purchased. It is available in different types, such as watercolor, synthetic, and many more.
Paints were the most beautiful inventions of mankind. The idea of paint was developed around 40,000 years ago by the early Homo sapiens. They used to draw painting on the walls of the caves and usually used materials such as yellow ochre, hematite, manganese oxide, and charcoal.
Components that involve in making of paints
Vehicle: It is a combination of two parts, binder and diluent. A wet coating is formed using the binder and diluent which after evaporation only lefts the solid part, i.e. the binder or the “vehicle solids”.
Binder or film former: It is a part of the film-forming component of painting which is always present among all the formulations.
Thermoplastic mechanism: It is a process in which the water and then the trace or solvent particle is evaporated. Before binder particles are softened and fused together into a network structure where the paint cannot re-dissolve in the water/ solvent.
Diluent or solvent: It is used to dissolve the polymer into it and adjust the viscosity of the paint.
Pigment and filler: Pigment gives the colour to the structures. It is granular solids incorporated in the paint. The filler gives the extra texture, toughness and also provides the paints with special properties to increase the volume of the paint.
Growth rate of paint companies
In India, Undoubtedly about 65% of paints in the organized and civilized sector are manufactured by top and reputed companies. The remaining 35% of the market are being utilized by the uncivilized, small and unorganized sector people.
The recent reports from Indian Paints Association state that in 2019-2020, the paint industry grows to 707.8 billion. A study in Nielsen Corporation stated that 12.7% per annum is the development of the decorative paints market whereas only 9.5% per annum is the share of the industrial paints.
The paints companies also provide the best and customized solutions for decorating homes and offices with wall painting images. The paints companies are launching most beautiful ingenious products to meet the growing demands of the customer.
Top 7 paint companies India include our list is following:
Lets come to know the best paint companies in India:
1. Kansai Nerolac Paints Ltd
Best known as Nerolac, it is one of the best pioneers of India’s paint industry. When It was established in Mumbai in 1920 and was named as Gahagan Paints. Know Its ranking was counted in the reputed brands of India.
2. Asian Paints Ltd
Since established in Mumbai in 1942, Asian Paints is become the undisputed leader of India’s paint industry. Therefore Its name is counted as Asia’s third largest manufacturer of paints. It operates in 16 countries and runs about 25 paint factories in India and abroad.
3. Berger Paints India Ltd
The Berger company was first developed in the UK in 1760 and 1923, When it arrived in India and became the second largest manufacturer of India. Apart from this, There are 10 manufacturing units of this company in India which operates in Nepal, Bangladesh, Russia, and Poland.
4. AkzoNobel India Ltd
Also known as Deluxe Paints, this company has 100 years of developing history. The AkzoNobel India Ltd manufactures the Deluxe Paints in India and it is a part of the Multinational Company (MNC) of Netherlands.
5. Shalimar Paints Ltd
Being established in the year 1902, Not only it has been the oldest paint company in India. But also Shalimar Paints deserves to be the best paints company serving India as its first homegrown paints and coating manufacturer.
6. Jenson and Nicholson (India) Ltd
Company had spread its roots after established in the year 1821 in London. Name comes When it was operated with Jenson and Wilfred Nicholson. In 1922 it started to supply and operate in India and finally settled as a branded and high-class paints company in 1973.
7. Snowcem Paints
Snowcem Company is ranked as the seventh top paint company in India, having its roots in Mumbai in 1959. So, It is the most reputed brands in the country as cement coatings. Where as It has been serving India for over the past six decades. Also They has been launching various innovative and pioneering products for its customers.